If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iOS device
If you connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, get help.
When iTunes on your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or an "0xE" error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer.
- Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Make sure that your device is turned on.
- If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
- Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
- Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.
If you use a Mac
- Hold down the Option key, click the Apple menu, and choose System Information or System Report.
- From the list on the left, select USB.
- If you see your iPhone, iPad, or iPod under USB Device Tree, uninstall third-party security software. If not, contact Apple Support.
If you use a Windows PC
Follow these steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver:
- Disconnect your device from the computer.
- Reconnect your device. If iTunes opens, close it.
- Press the Windows and R key on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- In the Run window, enter:
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
5. Click OK.
6. Right-click on the usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf file and select Install.
You might see other files that start with usbaapl64 or usbaapl. Make sure to install the file that ends in .inf. If you’re not sure which file to install, right-click a blank area in the File Explorer Window, click View, then click Details to find the correct file type. You want to install the Setup Information file.
7. Disconnect your device from your computer, then restart your computer.
8. Reconnect your device and open iTunes.