How to erase your iOS device
Learn how to wipe information from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and restore your device to factory settings.
1. Tap Settings > General > Reset
Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password
3. Wait for your device to erase
Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
If you can't erase your device
- If you don't remember your passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled, learn what to do.
- If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.