Manage your iCloud storage
If you reach or exceed your iCloud storage limit, learn how to manage your storage and where you can buy more.
When you set up iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of storage. You can use that storage space for your iCloud backups, to keep your photos and videos stored in iCloud Photo Library, and your documents up to date in iCloud Drive. If you need more space, you can buy more iCloud storage. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month. If you choose 200GB or 2TB plans, you can share your storage with family.
If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud. New photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library. iCloud Drive and other iCloud apps won't update across your devices. And you can't send or receive messages with your iCloud email address. If this happens, you can make more space.
Check to see how much iCloud storage you have
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Tap iCloud Storage or Manage Storage.
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage.
- On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.